Monday, April 9, 2012

Various cakes and cupcakes

As I've mentioned, I took a few cake decorating classes at Michael's art store, and now enjoy making cakes and cupcakes for family parties.  I love it!  Here are a few things I've made this year!
I made these peanut butter-chocolate, pumpkin cheese cake, and chocolate cupcakes for a good friends baby shower.  She was having a co-ed shower, so we wanted something not too girly.  It was also a fall shower, so we went with this color scheme.  The peanut butter chocolate ones were the best!! 




Above are the cakes I made during my cake class.  There are various styles and piping techniques.  All the cakes are covered in buttercream, and have either buttercream, or Royal icing flowers. 



Here's the cake I made for my brother-in-laws birthday.  He is a big Syracuse fan, hence the decorating choice.  The cake is is frosted in buttercream, the "S" is fondant.  I made the sign because I wasn't allowed to write "happy birthday" on the cake! 

My youngest sister Chelsea's birthday cake.  Her request was spice cake with buttercream.  I decorated it with fondant flowers.
My mom's cake was my favorite so far!  Mint chocolate, so yummy!  The cake is chocolate, the icing on top is chocolate, and the layers on the inside are green, mint buttercream!  The flowers are Royal icing stolen from Lily's Tangled cake.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle:) 

Happy Cake Making- Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment