Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Choo Choo Train Party

For Brayden's 3rd Birthday, he was really into Thomas the Train.  He carried his little trains around all day, and loved to play on his train table.  We decided to have his party at the YMCA, and I provided the pizza and cake.  This cake was inspired by a Better Crocker video I found online. 



I made a little kids table, with name cards and a small gift.  This was the first party we'd had at a location other than our home.  The play area was definitely a hit with the kids.  Much less prep time, and way less stress.  Why don't I do this with every party?  I enjoy the challenge:)
Front of train, and the train cupcake
I made the front of the train using peppermint patties for wheels, reeces cups and a candy kiss for the smoke stack, and tootsie rolls for coal.  The lights are gum drops, and some kind of gummy candy to decorate the front.  Pretzels make the train tracks.

Animal car


gummy bear car

M&M car

Back to the cake... I made the cake after watching this video for creating a Train Cake on the Better Crocker website.  It was not that difficult to make.  I made it before I had taken any cake classes.  Simple, right!

Look at my cute little helpers!!
the production!

birthday helper

Happy Choo-Choo-ing- Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment