Thursday, April 12, 2012

Organizing toys

Lindsay is full of the great organizing ideas.  She blames Sean and his minor OCD on some of the organization, but she's the one that keeps it all together on a day to day basis.  Toys are always in baskets in special spots.  Cars go with cars, and trains go with trains, baby squishy toys go in baskets that are easy for baby access.  She has drawers and baskets for all things baby or child related.  Go Lindsay!  Lindsay found this fun little cubby bin at Target to help organize toys in her play room.  Several of our friends, including myself, have also purchased this cubby bin because it is, just that great! 
luggage labels from Target

I added self-laminating luggage tags from Target, with pictures, to my bins so the toys stay organized in the correct bin.  This does work sometimes, but I think it might be more for my benefit...and now for yours:) 

see puppet bin
I also use this shelving unit, also from Target, with added baskets, and my labels for more toy organization.  This bin is in my foyer!


Happy Organizing!!!  Erin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Erin! I was surprised to find your blog. What fun. Great job.

I made a Strawberry Shortcake themed birthday cake for Ella's birthday this year. I made fondant and did a 9" homemade chocolate layer cake with a 7" strawberry layer cake on top. Every inch of the way I was asking myself, "what was I thinking?" With God's help, I got it done. Now I think I might make some more. It will only get easier I think.

Keep up the good work. There are a lot of good memories for your children here already. They are going to love looking back on these I am sure. God Bless you.

Joan Newman

Erin said...

Thanks for joining! We just started, but it's tons of fun! I have so many pictures, it's fun to have a place to share them all, and it will be nice to go back and read about it when the kids are older!!
Erin

Post a Comment